cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the "Social Login" option for a CWP?

Where is the "Social Login" option for a CWP?

wies_hays
New Contributor III

Hello,

I've read https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Social-Login-NG

because I'd like to setup social login for guests.

However, my CWP feature list looks completely different from the picture in the article (https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/servlet/rtaImage?eid=ka30c000000oO6D&feoid=00Na000000BRIhL&refid=0EM0c000000O6MR)

Why is that so and how can I enable "social login" on my CWP?

My HiveManager is a 12.8.2.2-NGVASEP18.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Armin

8 REPLIES 8

enice
New Contributor

Also moved to, and are missing Social Logon. We have been an on-prem customer (10+ Years) and were disappointed with the loss of the Social Logon in Hivemanager (Formerly HivemanagerNG!!,  Good Grief) which we have used for many years.

There is another self registration feature in Hivemanager (Formerly HivemanagerNG!!, Good Grief) that's is quite good and which we moved to in place of the Social Logon.

I'd like to see Aerohive do a better job of getting feature parity and overall maturity of the Hivemanger (Formerly HivemanagerNG!!, Good Grief am I going to be saying that for the next decade) platform on-track. Hivemanager (Formerly HivemanagerNG!!, Good Grief) has been out too long to still have so many gaps in basic functionality compared to Hivemanger Classic (Formerly Hivemanager, Good Grief!!). Specifically Maps come to mind, although we've promised something new and amazing is coming. When?

While there is much to like about Hivemanager (Formerly HivemanagerNG!!, Good Grief), it is now a chore if not outright impossible to perform many basic workflow activities in Hivemanager (Formerly HivemanagerNG!!, Good Grief) we've been doing for 10+ years in Hivemanger Classic (Formerly Hivemanager, Good Grief!!).

I particularly miss the ability to look at the map and get a basic understanding of the status of our environment, which is ~250 APs spread across 3 campuses in both interior and exterior locations. 

tobias_protz
New Contributor III

I would like to chime in, before selecting Aerohive we were also shown the social login and the ipad app, but were not told that these features would not be available in the on prem version.

Since then, we have been constantly told by various people that these features are still coming to HMNG on prem and will just take time (like the spectrum analyzer took a few months until it was implemented).

So yes, we are definitely interesten in this too.

wies_hays
New Contributor III
Hi Michael,

thank you for creating that feature request!

Best regards,
Armin

michael_bernard
New Contributor

We have gone ahead and created feature request on this functionality. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any information on when it would be implemented.

GTM-P2G8KFN