cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the remote packet capture feature in NG?

Where is the remote packet capture feature in NG?

dennis_tobias
New Contributor

All I can find is to use Cloud Shark. Hivemanager Classic has remote packet capture functionality built in and I was told by my SE that there was supposed to be a non Cloud Shark option available. I am fine using the CLI, but it is much more convenient to just do it from the HM GUI.

3 REPLIES 3

lance_romigh1
New Contributor

I believe that is because you are running the virtual appliance. VA does not have the packet capture option for some reason.

dennis_tobias
New Contributor

Hello, Sam. I am actually running the newest version of HM NG available for download (12.8.3.3-NGVAFEB19). I tried to follow the link you have posted, but no content is returned to the screen and the Chrome tab says "Error". When I'm in the GUI under the Monitor tab and select an AP I do not have Packet Capture listed under Utilities or Actions menus. When I go to the Tools menu and go under Remote Packet Capture, only Cloud Shark is listed. Maybe your article that you are linking to has the specific location, but I just cannot get it to come up.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The HiveManager remote packet capture should be under tools. This guide reviews how to get there and how to set it up- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Packet-Capture-in-NG

Based on the reference to Cloud Shark, I might guess that your HiveManager is using an older version and needs to be updated to see the new packet capture tool.

GTM-P2G8KFN