cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I having so many AP issues since updating with version 8.2r1?

Why am I having so many AP issues since updating with version 8.2r1?

danieljamesness
New Contributor

I have been having issues with Aerohive for the better part of this year, since upgrading to version 8.2r1. The main issues are:

- Frequent dropouts of random AP330s that remain pingable on the network but will not operate normally (let people connect to and use wifi) or allow me to SSH into them until a manual restart. We have maybe 70+ of these APs and there are a couple of usual suspects but these issues happen a few times a week throughout the school.

- Some of the AP250s are responding VERY slowly to wifi requests. I have checked the compared the switching setup with other APs and they are the same, but some AP250s are slow to the point of being almost unusable. I have enabled WMM on our SSIDs as that was an issue in the past but the issue is persisting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi @danieljamesness​ 

Here are the HiveOS versions I would recommend now for Hivemanager Software 8.2r1

AP122 - HiveOS 8.2r1a Recommended

AP250 - HiveOS 8.2r1a Recommended

AP330 - HiveOS 6.5r9a Golden Release

AP550 - HiveOS 8.2r1a Recommended

Hope this helps, happy to assist,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

danieljamesness
New Contributor

Thanks for your help here David, I am getting positive feedback from staff after updating to these recommendations. Apologies for the late response.

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi @danieljamesness​ 

Here are the HiveOS versions I would recommend now for Hivemanager Software 8.2r1

AP122 - HiveOS 8.2r1a Recommended

AP250 - HiveOS 8.2r1a Recommended

AP330 - HiveOS 6.5r9a Golden Release

AP550 - HiveOS 8.2r1a Recommended

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

danieljamesness
New Contributor

@David Souri​ Believe I am using Hivemanager Classic, Software Version:8.2r1. In the Hive I have AP330s, AP250s, a couple of AP122s, and a couple of AP550s. I'll check out the Radio Troubleshooting guides too. Thanks for your help so far, looking forward to hearing from you.

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi @danieljamesness​ 

Could you advise if you are using Hivemanager NG or Classic?

If you are using Classic, which version? Top Right -> Help -> About Hivemanager

You mentioned you have AP250s and AP330s. Are there any other Model devices in the hive?

With these answers, I can recommend which HiveOS versions to be using, and we can figure out if the problem is HiveOS related.

Additionally, we'll want to take a look at the RF Environment. If you look at the articles here: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/global-search/Radio%20Frequency You'll be able to find Radio Frequency Troubleshooting guides.

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN