cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I having so many AP issues since updating with version 8.2r1?

Why am I having so many AP issues since updating with version 8.2r1?

danieljamesness
New Contributor

I have been having issues with Aerohive for the better part of this year, since upgrading to version 8.2r1. The main issues are:

- Frequent dropouts of random AP330s that remain pingable on the network but will not operate normally (let people connect to and use wifi) or allow me to SSH into them until a manual restart. We have maybe 70+ of these APs and there are a couple of usual suspects but these issues happen a few times a week throughout the school.

- Some of the AP250s are responding VERY slowly to wifi requests. I have checked the compared the switching setup with other APs and they are the same, but some AP250s are slow to the point of being almost unusable. I have enabled WMM on our SSIDs as that was an issue in the past but the issue is persisting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi @danieljamesness​ 

Here are the HiveOS versions I would recommend now for Hivemanager Software 8.2r1

AP122 - HiveOS 8.2r1a Recommended

AP250 - HiveOS 8.2r1a Recommended

AP330 - HiveOS 6.5r9a Golden Release

AP550 - HiveOS 8.2r1a Recommended

Hope this helps, happy to assist,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mcollins
New Contributor III

It's usually best to run the latest Golden HiveOS unless you have a specific reason not to. I don't believe 8.2r1 is a Golden release.

Having said that I'm running 8.2r2 on an AP250 in a lab environment with no issues, but there is only two APs a few clients connected.

I would try downgrading the HiveOS and see if the performance issues still exists. I'd also try checking the CPU usage (sounds like you'll only be able to do that on the AP230s). Try running show cpu

Also the following should explain the difference between the HiveOS releases (from

this post - https://community.aerohive.com/aerohive/topics/announcing-hiveos-6-5r7-golden-release-and-hivemanager-8-0r1-availability):

Aerohive’s long-lived stable release branch of HiveOS, sometimes referred to in the industry as a “golden” release or branch of software.  In this release, we’ve fixed stability, performance and customer issues.  Adopters of this release branch will not have to worry about the introduction of new features introducing instability in their networks.  

For customers who have been waiting for this to get certain specific HiveOS bug-fixes, on-demand upgrades are available now for HMOL customers, using their normal process of contacting Technical Support. HiveManager On-premises customers can retrieve HiveManager version 8.0r1 from the Aerohive support portal.

Hope this helps!

GTM-P2G8KFN