cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the management vlan/native vlan in Network Policies > Additional Settings > management vlan/native vlan differ from the native vlan in the device template?

Why does the management vlan/native vlan in Network Policies > Additional Settings > management vlan/native vlan differ from the native vlan in the device template?

10thstreet
New Contributor

If I have already changed the management vlan/native vlan in Network Policies > Additional Settings > management vlan/native vlan, why does the device template show a native vlan of 1? If I try to change it there it says "Owner ID of the request object must be 63XXX" I do not understand the difference or why there would be one.  

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for the screen shot Peter, but that is going to be a different issue. You'll want to file a support case and attach that screen shot to the case so we can report that issue to our engineering team.

Pete3
New Contributor

I receive a similar error (Owner ID of the request object must be 84471) when I attempt to set the Native VLAN on a ETH0 when it's set to "Trunk Port".

See attached screenshot. Hoping the fix for Tom will help me out.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

VLAN 1 is the default setting for the native and management VLAN, but you can change it to whatever you are using on your backend network. We can set the native VLAN in difference places to allow more flexibility for different kinds of configuration needs. I'm not sure why you'd be getting that error, could you send a screen shot of the page where you see it come up and the error itself? If you'd rather send this to me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

GTM-P2G8KFN