cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why must default radio profile be used for SDR?

Why must default radio profile be used for SDR?

lstrom
New Contributor

I have filled a residential apartment building on campus with AP250s and would like to utilize SDR. I have configured new radio profiles for the device template to fit the needs of the building and created a new SDR profile selecting my new radio profiles as candidates. However, when I attempt to save the profile in order to utilize it, I am told that in order to use SDR " the radio profile for WiFi0 must be set to the default (radio_ng_ng0)" I am curious as to why it must use the default profile and as this is the case, why is there even a drop down menu to choose a candidate 2.4GHz radio profile?

5 REPLIES 5

lstrom
New Contributor

Hello Brian,

Yes, I did get it straightened out and that was exactly my issue. I just had misinterpreted what the error was trying to tell me.

bpowers
Contributor

Lucas,

Not sure if you figured this out or not, but the default radio profile needs to be applied to the AP directly in conjunction with the SDR profile. The radio profiles selected within the SDR profile however do NOT have to be the default (at least not in my experience). So after the AP goes through it's ACSP logic, it will apply one of the two radio profiles from the SDR profile and not actually use the default radio_ng_ng0 profile.

If your screenshot, you have a custom radio profile attached and it looks like you're trying to assign a SDR profile. That I believe is the cause of your issue.

lstrom
New Contributor

Thank you for your response Ashley, however, I am not finding this to be accurate. I am attaching a screenshot of the current configuration and attempted to save the template first in order to have the error message included.

As i've just sat here and thought a bit harder though, i do think i have realized that I was misinterpreting the error message. It would seem the issue may be that I have selected my created radio profile for both the default and the SDR profile candidate, when the default radio profile is being overruled by the candidate profile selected in the SDR profile. Thank you again for the response and making me think a bit more critically about why exactly I received the error.

a0822a10f69a404ba969686936d9a8bc_0690c000006l7Q8AAI.png

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hm no edit button, I meant say change WiFi0 to 2.4GHz!

GTM-P2G8KFN