cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would APs bypass provision settings?

Why would APs bypass provision settings?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I setup a new Hivemanager 12.8.2.2. i am moving APs from old hivemanager 11.9. I changed my dns entry for hivemanager.domain to the new IP address. I have APs that will connect first, get an update, reboot and then ignore the DNS entry, the DHCP options and use OpenDNS to go to redirector.aerohive.com to look for a hive. Why can't it retain it's hive information. The APs are updated to 8.2r4 when they connect to the new hivemanager. Is this a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Looking through the system with a support engineer, we found where i messed up the credentials. Used what was there and was able to get into the devices. i reset them and they attached to the new manager. I downgraded them to 6.5 r11 and all are active at the moment. I will upgrade a test AP to the newer OS and see how it goes. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Looking through the system with a support engineer, we found where i messed up the credentials. Used what was there and was able to get into the devices. i reset them and they attached to the new manager. I downgraded them to 6.5 r11 and all are active at the moment. I will upgrade a test AP to the newer OS and see how it goes. Thanks for the help.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

SSH login...Have you tried the password identified in Global Settings, Administration, Device Management Settings?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I will have to wait until the onsite tech gets back in place. i am trying to do this remote. I cannot SSH into the device. i have tried the old password, the new password, and the default password, but nothing works.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Would you be able to console in to the device while it tries to connect and take an update? I'd like to see the output of the reboot and update cycle. The start of this guide will review how to set up Putty to log all of the output for your session automatically: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI

Also, could you enable CAPWAP debugs so we can see if some part of the configuration update is failing?

You'd want to SSH In to the AP and run the following commands:

_debug capwap info

_debug capwap basic

_debug capwap stat

Once the debugs are enabled, please try the connection and update again, and then we'll want to pull tech data. You can use the guide I linked to you above or go to

Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the device> Get tech data (blue button at the top of the page this time).

GTM-P2G8KFN