cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi1: A high interference alert was raised. High CRC %

wifi1: A high interference alert was raised. High CRC %

jason_simmons
New Contributor

A few days ago I received several wifi1 high interference alerts. I found the guide below and made some of the changes that weren't already in place. I disabled short guard intervals and dropped the max tx power of the radios at the profile level, from 14 -10. That reduced the RSSI of the acsp neighbors to acceptable levels. Lower data rates were already disable.

However, I'm still getting these alerts on several APs. The commonality between them is high CRC%.

Hive Manager build 19.3.2.14

AP630s version 10.0r4.a

What else can I do to figure out whats going on?

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radio-Frequency-Interference-NG

1 REPLY 1

ntodd
New Contributor

Hi Jason,

High CRC errors are usually related to environmental interference factors. These factors include mainly metal, glass, water, or large amounts of people (since we're basically water to a radio signal). All of these factors tend to reflect, refract, or generally damage your signal, leading to more retries, which leads to slower WiFi speeds. Setting off alarms on the AP. 

You can also try pushing a complete update instead of a delta, if you haven't already. The complete update will reboot the device making sure that starts up with those changes to the RF profile and restart the counters.

Najee Todd

GTM-P2G8KFN