cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPA3 connection without transition mode

WPA3 connection without transition mode

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I have an AP630 using HiveOS 10.0r7a. I am able to select WPA3 as an Authentication type and then disable transition mode. The result is the AP beacons the AKM type as SAE only. I have tried to connect mobile devices that have passed the WFA WPA3 certification, but I am unable to connect these mobile devices. I tried on 3 different mobile devices that passed the WFA certification for WPA3, but all 3 devices failed. Has anyone successfully connected a device using WPA3 and if so, what was that device?

11 REPLIES 11

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your patience. I've been reviewing this data with our experts and they've asked that we file a ticket for this question so we can get all of the data and troubleshooting notes in one place. If you could please open a support case and let me know the case number, I'll upload all of the date you've given me so far and fill out the notes to indicate what we've done so far.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Thank you Sam for all your help!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you, I see that now. I need to review this with our experts, I'll update you as soon as we know more.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I looked within both of the "show_tech_result.txt" files. With the WPA3 transition mode set to ON, I was able to see a successful connection to the AP630. However, with the WPA3 transition mode set to OFF, I did not observe any clients associated with the AP. Within the "show_tech_results.txt" files, I did a search for the command "show amrp client". The results:

WPA3 with transition ON = showed Total 1 local L2 client with the MAC address I provided for the phone

WPA3 with transition OFF = showed no devices connected

GTM-P2G8KFN