Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Sytem Mode on BR-MLX-MR2-X

Change Sytem Mode on BR-MLX-MR2-X

tlibessart
New Contributor

Hello,

I ask you about a request on system mode change.

I had a MLXe4 with Management Module BR-MLX-MR2-X on XMR with v6.0 and i need to convert him on MLX system mode in v5.6.

How it’s possible ?

Thanks by advance !

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

theale
Extreme Employee

Hi Thomas,

Your initial question was not clear, but based on the additional comments it looks like you want to support the NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP module.

This module is only supported with the system running in MLX mode, so you cannot use the BR-MLX-MR2-X management module with this module, it is not supported.

To support the NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP module you need to use the BR-MLX-MR2-M management module, so the system is running in MLX mode.

Check the Release Notes module compatibility matrix for the version you are running for details:

23260007ba0446918145a7decc226398_fbac8288-dff2-4722-9670-4aec7c08b937.png

I hope this has answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

theale
Extreme Employee

Hi Thomas,

Your initial question was not clear, but based on the additional comments it looks like you want to support the NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP module.

This module is only supported with the system running in MLX mode, so you cannot use the BR-MLX-MR2-X management module with this module, it is not supported.

To support the NI-MLX-1Gx20-SFP module you need to use the BR-MLX-MR2-M management module, so the system is running in MLX mode.

Check the Release Notes module compatibility matrix for the version you are running for details:

23260007ba0446918145a7decc226398_fbac8288-dff2-4722-9670-4aec7c08b937.png

I hope this has answered your question.

joergkost
Contributor II

Oh, I don’t know  the exact details about this card.  At least in the release notes from 5.4 upwards, it is also not listed as compatible module.  I have also believed booting the -X  management with -M interface cards only, will drop it to MLX mode, but currently I have no test device with -M interface cards. 

We have one unused, almost never used -M management card and in doubt I can offer to trade ? (if you are in Europe).  Let’s ping and  wait what an Extreme employee can find out in this case. 

tlibessart
New Contributor

Hi joergkost,

Thanks for your answer !

I need too use ni-mlx-8-port-10g-m, ss you say no problem for -m but i need to use ni-mlx-20-port-1g-100fx too so it’s impossible with XMR system mode.

joergkost
Contributor II

What is the use case? The X management board can recognize any line cards, even the -Ms. You may just disable turbo mode for the fabric and unblock g1 cards if necessary.

GTM-P2G8KFN