cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Image coherence check skipped due to insufficient info: Invalid active MP flash images in Primary

Warning: Image coherence check skipped due to insufficient info: Invalid active MP flash images in Primary

Talal
New Contributor

I upgraded MLX-e  to code 6.2.00d using the manifest file with the following command

copy tftp system all-images X.X.X.X  manifest MLX06200d_Manifest.txt secondary

after all the files were downloaded and installed , i ran a reload-check and got the following warning

system Upgrade Done.
Upgrade Summary
  Source: tftp 172.16.50.24 Directory
1) Installed /Monitor/ManagementModule/xmb06200.bin to MP Monitor
2) Installed /Monitor/InterfaceModule/xmlb06200.bin to LP Monitor on all LP slots
3) Installed /Application/ManagementModule/xmr06200d.bin to MP Secondary
4) Installed /Application/InterfaceModule/xmlp06200d.bin to LP Secondary on all LP slots
5) Installed /Combined/FPGA/lpfpga06200d.bin to LP FPGA Bundled on all LP slots
6) Installed /FPGA/ManagementModule/mbridge_06200d.xsvf to FPGA MBRIDGE

Checking for coherence...

Warning: Image coherence check skipped due to insufficient info: Invalid active MP flash images in Primary.
Done.

I am new to Brocade products and not sure why the coherence check fails or displaying that error and how can i resolve it ?

thx i advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael_Morey
Extreme Employee

Talal,

This error looks to be expected.  You used “secondary” flag which will only update the secondary partition and not the primary

The “all-images” tells the MLX to use the monitor, mbridge etc. and not just update the application image.  The “manifest” option uses the manifest text file to tell the MLX where all the appropriate images are located.  Lastly the “secondary” option which as I stated will only update the secondary partition.

As the primary partition was not upgraded there is a mismatch between the images.  Run the same command without using the “secondary" command and the upgrade should complete normally.

Thanks,

Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer / Extreme Networks

Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Extreme Networks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_Morey
Extreme Employee

Talal,

Yes you should be able to load the new code by booting to the secondary partition.  The command “copy flash flash primary” would only copy the application image on your active Management Module from secondary to primary, you would still need to load the FPGA and application images for your LPs to the primary for them to work.

There are many images in a NetIron firmware load, which is why we developed the manifest method:

Boot, Monitor, Application, FPGA, MBRIDGE

The main confusion I see is with customers manually loading the FPGA as they are unique to each type/generation of LP.  MBridge rarely needs to be updated, but always check the Release Notes to be sure.

I would recommend always using the manifest on the primary unless you are trying to stage/preview code and want an easy way to go back to your previous version.

Thanks,

Michael Morey

Michael Morey
Extreme Networks

Talal
New Contributor

HI Michael,

I truly appreciate your detailed response .

Should i run boot system flash secondary to see if the device will boot with the new image from the secondary partition ?

and then do a copy flash flash primary ?

I will run the command without the secondary option as you recommended.

I am trying to practice this in our lab before applying it to production

Thank you again

Michael_Morey
Extreme Employee

Talal,

This error looks to be expected.  You used “secondary” flag which will only update the secondary partition and not the primary

The “all-images” tells the MLX to use the monitor, mbridge etc. and not just update the application image.  The “manifest” option uses the manifest text file to tell the MLX where all the appropriate images are located.  Lastly the “secondary” option which as I stated will only update the secondary partition.

As the primary partition was not upgraded there is a mismatch between the images.  Run the same command without using the “secondary" command and the upgrade should complete normally.

Thanks,

Michael Morey

Michael Morey
Extreme Networks
GTM-P2G8KFN