cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a transceiver SFP+ 1310nm 10Gb/s -8.2~0.5dBm -12.6dBm LC SM 10km Cisco for Extreme Switch, is this compatible?

Can I use a transceiver SFP+ 1310nm 10Gb/s -8.2~0.5dBm -12.6dBm LC SM 10km Cisco for Extreme Switch, is this compatible?

Arturo_Rodrigue
New Contributor II
Hello, I have a doubt, Can I use a transceiver SFP+ 1310nm 10Gb/s -8.2~0.5dBm -12.6dBm LC SM 10km Cisco for Extreme Siwtch, is this compatible?...Thanks for your help
8 REPLIES 8

Ricardo_Jose_Jr
New Contributor
Sorry, just to check, during troubleshooting cases, would GTAC support/accommodate 3rd-party Transceivers?
Reason for asking this is because most vendors if they found out that there is a 3rd-party transceivers slotted-in to their device, wouldn't continue with their support.

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for the clarification and I understand the response completely.

We just acquired the distribution for Extreme here in Singapore and I'm in-charge of the technical portion (including support) for the whole Extreme portfolio.

Will be working with you guys closely.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Ricardo

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Ricardo,

With Extreme you doesn't violate the warranty I believe, but it is stated in several places that they don't guarantee if 3rd pty will work. So IMO if the issue will be related to an optic link with 3rd pty transceiver, GTAC will probably ask you to try on a different (original) transceiver as they have no capability nor reason to debug 3rd pty hardware.

HTH,
Tomasz

Arturo_Rodrigue
New Contributor II
I offer you an apology, the correct device is a MLXe-4, again thanks, I will be aware of your great help
GTM-P2G8KFN