Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFA login with automation tool is giving an error

EFA login with automation tool is giving an error

Alberto_Oter
New Contributor II

Hi experts,

I'm trying to execute the efa login from an external server with an automation script, but EFA is giving an error that I cannot recognize:

operator@lab01cn01sdimcn01(active:running) ~$ ssh extreme@10.111.64.55 "/apps/bin/efa login --username extreme --password passwordtest"

Error :  CLI is not registered as a client. Please run 'source /etc/profile' to update your environment.

Login to the EFA application

Usage:
  efa login [flags]

Flags:
      --username string   Name of the user to login
      --password string   Password of the user
  -h, --help              help for login
--- Time Elapsed: 34.836499ms ---
operator@lab01cn01sdimcn01(active:running) ~$

If I try to login directly on efa (efa login) it works without any problem as expected but trying from an external server isn't.:

Highlights:

-I tried to login using a new user as in the following KB wiht no success:

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000110404

-The node from trying to login to EFA is directly connected and the credentials are correct.

-If other commands are required to be executed by the script thew work as "ls -l" "whoami" "pwd" with the tool.

Thanks for the comments. 

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_Morey
Extreme Employee

Alberto,

I would see this as working as designed.  EFA|XCO is designed to be managed by REST for external integration with other apps.  I would recommend you look into doing this another way.

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000097386

Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Extreme Networks

Chaminda_Nanaya
Extreme Employee

The possible causes for seeing "EFA Login" issues are:-

• Usually seen when k3s is down, db is down, pods missing / not running, upgrade/install failed, etc.
  • Even after active node shows ‘Up’ in ‘efa status’ and then if efa login fails, there could be issues in traefik or auth services.Please open a GTAC ticket if you need further assistance
GTM-P2G8KFN