Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing a Cisco 3845 router and Cisco 3560 switch with extreme products

Replacing a Cisco 3845 router and Cisco 3560 switch with extreme products

theoadon
New Contributor II
HI There,

We asked from a customer to replace his network equipment.
Now the customer's site is using a Cisco 3845 router and Cisco Catalyst 3560 48p X2

Can anyone help us for equal equipment of extreme products?

Thank you in advance,

Theodore
10 REPLIES 10

James_A
Valued Contributor
TBH I'm not sure if Extreme has a product in this space, there was the old XSR but even with the Brocade acquisition there's no SME CPE really. Perhaps you should look at the vendors who have ExtremeConnect (no, not the conference) integration like Fortinet or Palo Alto https://www.extremenetworks.com/partners/integration-partners/

theoadon
New Contributor II
Hi David,

We are in Greece, not in US, and you can find us here:
www.zetes.com
Please feel free to contact us.
We have gathered all the info you mention, but for now the customer is operating with the Cisco 3845.
In order to migrate to Extreme environment, we investigate the options we have.
Unfortunately , I can not see a router like this one (3845), everything is more..more !!!

Anyway thank you for your time.

regards,

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Theodore,

What would be the reason customer sticks to a router, while many features can be fulfilled with modern switches? Here you have a wide variety of them that can potentially fit, EXOS models (like X690), VSP models, SLX (switches, there is SLX router but 230 Tbps chassis sounds like an overkill if you're not running The Matrix  ), S series or VDX perhaps...

Regards,
Tomasz

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
Well, I would start by talking to the customer and perhaps doing a little network discovery to determine what protocols you will need to be able to run and what port speeds you need for uplinks and even stack ports.

Once you have that information you should be able to with your channel SE to narrow things down further.

Unfortunately I think that's all I can say on this one, because it feels like if you are in Michigan my sales department would not want me saying any more.

Good luck,

theoadon
New Contributor II
Hi David,

We are partner of Extreme, and we are trying to quote our customer with the best solution.
Any help or routing/switching will be highly appreciated.

I can see on the product list the CER 2000 but this is not entry level router. Is there a router similar to 3845?

Thank you in advance

GTM-P2G8KFN