cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vdx-6740 firmware/nos update via ftp, scp, sftp does work.

vdx-6740 firmware/nos update via ftp, scp, sftp does work.

Pawel_Eljasz
New Contributor II
hi everyone,

I have a switch from which I can ssh into ftp server, that is on a vlan. Other nodes on that vlan can ftp into that server okey.
The same switch I can ssh into its management interface cannot ping back that node from which I ssh. (that's is weird right?)

Now, when I try "firmware download" (on the vlan, obviously) via ftp, sftp, scp it all fails, example:

sw0# firmware download ftp host 10.5.4.97 directory nos7.2.0a1 user anonymous
Password: *********
Performing system sanity check...
The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the
firmware path are valid.

I can see that the switch does not even get to the ftp server, again, I can ssh from the switch to that IP address. SPC does not work neither.

sw0# firmware download scp host 10.5.4.97 directory /home.sysops/appmgr/nos7.2.0a1 user appmgr
Password: ************
Performing system sanity check...
The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the
firmware path are valid and the server supports SSH password authentication.

Because it's just my first foray into Brocade I hope, expect, I'm missing something and it's not some bad fault, malfunction on switch's part.

What is it that I am missing, doing wrong?

many thanks, L.
19 REPLIES 19

Yulia_Abitbul
Extreme Employee
please review release notes for NOS7.2.0a "SOFTWARE UPGRADE AND DOWNGRADE" section for more details

Yulia_Abitbul
Extreme Employee
You are going from NOS6.0 to 7.2, if you want to keep your config you can upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0 then to 7.1 and then to 7.2.

Pawel_Eljasz
New Contributor II
now this...

Performing system sanity check... Firmware download to the target firmware version cannot preserve the configuration. Please specify the default-config option in the command-line for download. is it necessary and why?

Pawel_Eljasz
New Contributor II
but I'm on 6.x
Here:

sw0# show vcs Config Mode : Local-Only VCS Mode : Fabric Cluster VCS ID : 10 Total Number of Nodes : 1 Rbridge-Id WWN Management IP VCS Status Fabric Status HostName -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 >10:00:C4:F5:7C:93:70:57* 10.214.234.95 Online Online sw0 Do I still need to change?
GTM-P2G8KFN