cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vdx-6740 firmware/nos update via ftp, scp, sftp does work.

vdx-6740 firmware/nos update via ftp, scp, sftp does work.

Pawel_Eljasz
New Contributor II
hi everyone,

I have a switch from which I can ssh into ftp server, that is on a vlan. Other nodes on that vlan can ftp into that server okey.
The same switch I can ssh into its management interface cannot ping back that node from which I ssh. (that's is weird right?)

Now, when I try "firmware download" (on the vlan, obviously) via ftp, sftp, scp it all fails, example:

sw0# firmware download ftp host 10.5.4.97 directory nos7.2.0a1 user anonymous
Password: *********
Performing system sanity check...
The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the
firmware path are valid.

I can see that the switch does not even get to the ftp server, again, I can ssh from the switch to that IP address. SPC does not work neither.

sw0# firmware download scp host 10.5.4.97 directory /home.sysops/appmgr/nos7.2.0a1 user appmgr
Password: ************
Performing system sanity check...
The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the
firmware path are valid and the server supports SSH password authentication.

Because it's just my first foray into Brocade I hope, expect, I'm missing something and it's not some bad fault, malfunction on switch's part.

What is it that I am missing, doing wrong?

many thanks, L.
19 REPLIES 19

Yes, you are going to upgrade to NOS7.x where only logical-chassis is supported

Yulia_Abitbul
Extreme Employee
check your vcs mode with show vcs command:
show vcsOn NOS 7.x only logical-chassis supported, so you need to change mode before upgrade
Example:
# vcs vcsid 1 rbridge 1 logical-chassis enable

Pawel_Eljasz
New Contributor II
Okey, I think I might be getting somewhere, this seems new:

sw0# firmware download ftp directory / host 10.214.234.97 user anonymous password anonymous Performing system sanity check... Firmware download not supported. Please change the vcs mode to Logical Chassis and try again. The preinstall script failed.

Pawel_Eljasz
New Contributor II
That above led me to that one quick question - must firmware updates be done ONLY via management interface? I'd expect the answer to be NO - right?

When you try to ping 10.214.234.95 you should specify mgmt-vrf
sw0# ping 10.214.234.95 vrf mgmt-vrf
GTM-P2G8KFN