Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDX 6740 USB Stick

VDX 6740 USB Stick

backslash
New Contributor
Hi all,

Is it possible to create a USB stick for configuration backups or firmware updates yourself. ( SANdisk or other )

Or do I really need an original Brocade USB stick?

If so, what do I do if it is no longer available

Thanks ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael_Morey
Extreme Employee
Backslash,

Thank you for your comment. This has actually been brought up internally lately and we are in discussions with the SW Developers to see what can be done to better support 3rd party USB devices going forward.

For a normal user, there is nothing that you can do to format or manipulate a USB device to get the VDX to recognize it. In the past the VDX devices were locked down to only recognize and mount "Brocade" branded USBs. If you have an urgent need, I recommend you create a case with our TAC team so that we can work with you and attempt to force the VDX to recognize your USB device.

Thanks,

Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer – Switching, Routing & Analytics
Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Extreme Networks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

vbuster01
New Contributor
Michael, I am glad to see that there is a discussion around this point! It has been a topic that always comes up in class.

A bit more colour. Currently, the VDX checks deep in the USB engineering section of the USB device to see if it is Brocade branded; therefore formatting the device will not make it VDX compatible. Currently, the supported size is 4GB.

Thanks

Graham Godfrey
Approved Training Partner

Michael_Morey
Extreme Employee
Backslash,

Thank you for your comment. This has actually been brought up internally lately and we are in discussions with the SW Developers to see what can be done to better support 3rd party USB devices going forward.

For a normal user, there is nothing that you can do to format or manipulate a USB device to get the VDX to recognize it. In the past the VDX devices were locked down to only recognize and mount "Brocade" branded USBs. If you have an urgent need, I recommend you create a case with our TAC team so that we can work with you and attempt to force the VDX to recognize your USB device.

Thanks,

Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer – Switching, Routing & Analytics
Michael Morey
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Extreme Networks
GTM-P2G8KFN