cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exremeware Summit 48si switch not disconnected after 3 time login fail attempt in SSH mode

Exremeware Summit 48si switch not disconnected after 3 time login fail attempt in SSH mode

Narender_kumar
New Contributor
Switch version is Extremeware Version 7.8.4.1 patch1-r4

When we try to login switch via SSH with wrong username , after 3rd attempt it should get disconnected but we can see it offering 4th time login attempt.

Same thing if we try with telnet then it disconnected after 3rd attemt.

so please help here if we can do any change in command to check further or any change in switch config , which can help here.

9 REPLIES 9

i raised case with ETAC but due to EOS no support is given for this issue.
Let me know what else i can do from my end to suppress issue.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
"show managment" = here you'd see how many login attempts are allowed
"configure cli max-failed" = configure max attempts
"show log" = check for login fails

-Ron

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
ExtremeWare was Extreme Networks' first OS from the late 90s. Many of the commands are identical to those in EXOS, but not all of them. Its behavior is quite different as well.
The EXOS training you'll be attending won't cover any eWare, as it and all of the products that it supports are End-of-Life.

Thanks but I'm not even sure what ExtremeWare exactly is 🙂

But I was curious so I've used my expert Google skills to find a CLI guide and it looked like XOS.

I look forward to learn more in the XOS bootcamp in January - right now I've only some base knowledge from playing around with my lab X430.

So let's see whether I'd "impress" after the training.... if not I'll blame the trainer and demand full refund for the class 

Did you get your hands on ExtremeWare too Ron? Got to say...I'm impressed.

There seems to be no end to your talents!
GTM-P2G8KFN