cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to restore the software portion of Extreme Summit 400-48T?

Is it possible to restore the software portion of Extreme Summit 400-48T?

Constantine_Bel
New Contributor
There was a problem with the switch Extreme Summit x480-48T this series. After starting Reconnecting and track via COM port (via Putty, minicom).
There may be loaded into BootRom, reset to default (default). But fails to boot further is a process of decompressing .... and so constantly in the loop restarts.

Please tell me whether it is possible in this case, the soft part of the upgrade or reinstall? BootRom not possible to enter a command download image.
14 REPLIES 14

Constantine_Bel
New Contributor
Hi, AlexanderP

BootRom version 4.9
Primary software version 7.3e.0.43 [non-ssh]
Secondary software version 7.3e.0.43 [non-ssh]

Please help me. It is necessary to restore it. Settings do not know the port Mgmt.
The operating system is not dipped or in Primary and not in Secondary.

Thank you!

I'm sorry, I was wrong. This model 400-48T

Hmmm looks more like a summit series switch which is not XOS but extremeware... They are correct if it will not boot in either partition then you have a hardware issue... I have seen many of the old summit switches go into this state... they stop responding and will not boot back up...

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
This output is from an ExtremeWare device, which the X480 doesn't run. If you can clarify the hardware model you're using, I'll see if I can dig up a recovery procedure.
However, if it won't boot into either of the software partitions (primary or secondary), it is likely there is some sort of hardware failure.

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hi, Constantine!

What version of BootRom?
Be aware that newer versions of EXOS for X480 is differenet then EXOS for other Summit switches - its named summitX480 but not summitX.

Thank you!
GTM-P2G8KFN