cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to restore the software portion of Extreme Summit 400-48T?

Is it possible to restore the software portion of Extreme Summit 400-48T?

Constantine_Bel
New Contributor
There was a problem with the switch Extreme Summit x480-48T this series. After starting Reconnecting and track via COM port (via Putty, minicom).
There may be loaded into BootRom, reset to default (default). But fails to boot further is a process of decompressing .... and so constantly in the loop restarts.

Please tell me whether it is possible in this case, the soft part of the upgrade or reinstall? BootRom not possible to enter a command download image.
14 REPLIES 14

Yes, I think it will turn out, but I do not know how it's done. TFTP server is already raised. And then as it is not clear.

Thank You!

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Its some strange versions.
BootRom have to have 4 digits - like 1.0.1.6
To see version of BootRom - type version
(or you can see through EXOS - #show version)
Do not confuse BootRom with BootStrap.

Also - software version 7.3e.0.43 - is it ExtremeWare soft? because normally EXOS version show different digits that you show.
Like below:
# show version Switch : 800544-00-03 xxxxG-xxxxx Rev 3.0 BootROM: 1.0.1.1 IMG: 15.5.1.6

PSU-1 : Internal Power Supply

Image : ExtremeXOS version 15.5.1.6 v1551b6 by release-manager

on Fri Apr 25 19:54:27 EDT 2014

BootROM : 1.0.1.1

Diagnostics : 1.5

Thank you!

In BootRom there is no show version command. To check version you have to type - version.
All commands for BootRom you can see when type "?"

That's right. I'm in a different BootRom can not get, the team limited one letter all. There will not execute the following command - show version . Command - v .

Thank You!

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
The output is definitely from an ExtremeWare switch.
GTM-P2G8KFN