cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridgeline 4.0 SP1

Ridgeline 4.0 SP1

bula
New Contributor
Hi, I have a problem with adding device to the Ridgeline. Attempt to add the device fails with the error: "SNMP connection failure in fetching system oid. Please check SNMP credentials and route to the switch.". What am I doing wrong? Can you help me?
8 REPLIES 8

Abhishek_Potdar
New Contributor
Was there a resolution for this issue? I have Ridgelien 4.0 SP2 and getting the same error message. Tried SNMPv1 and SNMPv3 with the correct snmp config still unable to add

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
Which device are you trying to add? What SNMP protocol are you using to add the devices?

I have seen this issue before when we are trying to add Wireless controller.

or else there could be some configuration issue. If you have any device which was already added in RL then I would suggest to compare SNMP configuration on both devices(added and unable to add)

bula
New Contributor
Hello Paul, thank you for reply. Yes, I am using default SNMP string on the switch.

da9dd10014c64c5c992c4ffc943dc2d9_RackMultipart20140730-18937-1w9i86o-error_inline.jpg

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Bula. There is a second SP that you would also load. Early version of Ridgeline had some bugs. Not sure if this is one of them but would be good to have it loaded. Are you using the default SNMP strings on the switch? P
GTM-P2G8KFN