Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up second-hand AeroHive AP130

Setting up second-hand AeroHive AP130

JoosefAurumaa
New Contributor

Hello,

I have recently acquiried 3 second-hand AeroHive AP130 access points. I would like to set them up, but it seems that it’s not possible to do through the web UI at all, even in the simplest way (is that correct?). It seems that I have to get the HiveManager software installed on my computer to do that (I do not wish to use cloud-based solutions). I have been unable to find this software online, wither on AeroHive’s or Extreme’s websites.

What can I do?

Sincerely

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,  you’ll be able to update the AP’s firmware, but not configure the device via the Web UI. You can either attempt to configuration the device via CLI (which is not something that we can support), or use one of our management platforms. I might recommend setting up a trial account or a free Connect account, configurating the device the way you would like to, then running “show config” to see the CLI commands you need to build that configuration. This guide reviews how to register for a free Connect instance. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager

Yes, if you can send those serial numbers to me at community@extremenetworks.com, I can help you out with that as well.

JoosefAurumaa
New Contributor

Thank you, this is very helpful. I have tried following your advice, the only problem is that I cannot onboard my APs because their serial numbers are already registered. On older posts, this problem was solved by emailing communityhelp@aerohive.com, but it seems that this email is no longer in use. Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hello,  you’ll be able to update the AP’s firmware, but not configure the device via the Web UI. You can either attempt to configuration the device via CLI (which is not something that we can support), or use one of our management platforms. I might recommend setting up a trial account or a free Connect account, configurating the device the way you would like to, then running “show config” to see the CLI commands you need to build that configuration. This guide reviews how to register for a free Connect instance. 

GTM-P2G8KFN