cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As an Administrator of ExtremeWireless what reporting/logs are the most helpful for post-installation monitoring?

As an Administrator of ExtremeWireless what reporting/logs are the most helpful for post-installation monitoring?

Doug
Extreme Employee

Do you use NetSight or the Controller GUI to troubleshoot?

What do you look for to proactively resolve issues?

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks
3 REPLIES 3

Rey_Juan_Carlos
Contributor
For us the most useful report is "users per AP" and "users per VNS" on the controller GUI more than NETSIGHT.
We would like separate this reports from the General Report as independent report, like old fw versions.

Thanks.

Scott_Van_Arts1
New Contributor II
For me the report I refer to the most POST-INSTALLATION is clients by AP. Glad this report is still there. And by my answer you can probably tell I used the Controller GUI more than Netsight. Probably just a re-training issue. Proactively? I know nothing of this word...

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I would say the most useful thing for me is, the NetSIght alerts I generate about wireless based on a number of criteria (such as number of users per AP) etc.. If you're looking at the logs, something is wrong and that's usually not good . But alerting on DFS channel timeouts, channel changes, interference thresholds etc.. you can alert on most of that info.
GTM-P2G8KFN