cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Captive Portal integration on Extreme Campus Controller.

External Captive Portal integration on Extreme Campus Controller.

SantM
New Contributor III

We are replacing Cisco Wireless Controller with Extreme Campus Controller for one customer. The customer wants to continue with External Captive Portal they have on Cisco. For some reason, this captive portal is not working for XCC and distributor of captive portal told us that they need to develop their captive portal further in order to make it work with XCC. We do not have that much time. We had another customer who had issue with External Captive Portal and they are still struggling with it. We were told by Extreme that the new version of XCA/XCC would resolve that issue. 

I wanted to know if there is any External Captive Portal that provides sms code for authentication and is compatible with XCC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

You can also use any firewall having captive portal capabilities. In this case we bridge the SSID to a VLAN authenticated with a captive portal.

The advantage to go for an Extreme solution is to have the integration already done and the management consolidated.

Mig

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SantM
New Contributor III

Yes. I read that NAC can also be implemented for this task. I am going to test with both ExtremeGuest and NAC. Need to find out pros and cons of both.

Thank you once again.

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

You can also use any firewall having captive portal capabilities. In this case we bridge the SSID to a VLAN authenticated with a captive portal.

The advantage to go for an Extreme solution is to have the integration already done and the management consolidated.

Mig

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Santosh,

The captive portal included in the Extreme Control does it also.

Social networking auth, self registration and SMS (in fact email to be sent to an email-to-sms engine).

Mig

SantM
New Contributor III

Thank you very much @mqayyum 

I will have a look.

GTM-P2G8KFN