cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Cloud Appliance guest pre-registration

Extreme Cloud Appliance guest pre-registration

Wendelin_Bluell
New Contributor
According to the ECA Manual it is possible to enable the "Pre-Registration-Portal". There are also links for it. Who can access this portal? Where to configure the user / administrator for this Pre-Registration-Portal?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rodney_Lacroix
Extreme Employee
So, I THINK I may have just seen what you're seeing. It appears - from my minor testing - that there is a disconnect when the user is created/added inline on that portal administration page.

Try this:

In AAA, create a local repository user (if one exists that you want to use, delete it/save/recreate).
Go BACK to the portal administration and select to add a login configuration.
Choose the existing user you just created and assign it the admin role.
Try logging in again.

I could not do this when creating the user inline in the portal administration "add login configuration" dialog.

If you see the same results, I'll confirm again and then open a bug. Regardless, let me know either way.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rodney_Lacroix
Extreme Employee
You're welcome. I'll open a bug on it. Glad you got it working.

Wendelin_Bluell
New Contributor
Hi Rodney,
I created a new user as you suggested. This user can now login to the pre-register portal and also to the guest administration.
Thanks a lot

Rodney_Lacroix
Extreme Employee
So, I THINK I may have just seen what you're seeing. It appears - from my minor testing - that there is a disconnect when the user is created/added inline on that portal administration page.

Try this:

In AAA, create a local repository user (if one exists that you want to use, delete it/save/recreate).
Go BACK to the portal administration and select to add a login configuration.
Choose the existing user you just created and assign it the admin role.
Try logging in again.

I could not do this when creating the user inline in the portal administration "add login configuration" dialog.

If you see the same results, I'll confirm again and then open a bug. Regardless, let me know either way.

Wendelin_Bluell
New Contributor
Hi Rodney, thanks for your answer. I have the default admin, and I have created a prereg user. Both user can login to the XCA itself, but cannot login to the preregistration portal.

fdde218c0ed44494926d93b39c30c286_1cc9f4c5-449a-42b4-90ee-da99cf63db66.jpg

Result when trying to login as admin:

fdde218c0ed44494926d93b39c30c286_19534892-9901-43bf-854c-1281e7bcaeea.jpg

Same result when I try to login as "prereg".

Regards
Wendelin
GTM-P2G8KFN