Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Cloud Software Version Update

Extreme Cloud Software Version Update

Sebastian_Metzn
New Contributor II
Hello,

We have a small installation of Extreme 220-12p-10GE2 switches and 3915i APs in one Extreme Cloud in one customer portal. The switches and APs are all in the status "in service" and have no connection problems. But the switches have 2 different software versions. Some of them have the version 1.2.1.5 and some have the version 1.2.4.7.
I thought the software version is controlled by the cloud and I can only delay the software deployment. Is there a chance to start the software update and define one consistent software version for the whole cloud customer portal.

Thank you very much.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sebastian_Metzn
New Contributor II
To show the solution of this problem:

It was really a bug in the cloud system and not a configuration mistake. The different switches (but all the same Extreme 220 model) had 2 different software versions. There was opened a case and the GTAC could solve this problem in the cloud management. Now all the switches have the same software version.

Thanks,
Sebastian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sebastian_Metzn
New Contributor II
To show the solution of this problem:

It was really a bug in the cloud system and not a configuration mistake. The different switches (but all the same Extreme 220 model) had 2 different software versions. There was opened a case and the GTAC could solve this problem in the cloud management. Now all the switches have the same software version.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Martineau__John
Extreme Employee

Sebastian_Metzn
New Contributor II
Hello John,

Thank you for your support.
I understand the update process, but I could not force the switches to do the update.
You can choose a day out of 2 weeks (I do not see which week is at the moment) and set a start time for the update. I have tested both weeks. I have tested it several times but my cloud has still 2 firmware versions. I could not see any Log message that at least the switch asked for a new firmware.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Martineau__John
Extreme Employee
Sebastian,
It is your responsibility to upgrade the switches when you are notified that a new firmware is available or you see a unit with the wrong firmware.
You would not want Extreme to randomly upgrade the devices. This could cause a network outage at an inopportune time.

Please advise the end customer about the uypograde event and schedule a time that agrees with the end customer.

Thanks,
John Martineau
GTM-P2G8KFN