cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP and/or SSH to cloud-based AP (3935i)

SNMP and/or SSH to cloud-based AP (3935i)

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
I have a client with several Cloud-managed 3935I AP's. The site is set with an SNMP community but polling the device from our management platform, I'm not able to GET any info. I was thinking I might be able to SSH or Telnet into the unit to check out the configs, but I don't see how to enable it and it does not seem to allow either by default (it does respond to ping). Is there a way to confirm that SNMP is in fact enabled on the devices, and if so, how? Thanks!

BigRic
4 REPLIES 4

Thomas_Borrel
Extreme Employee
Eric,

Might make sense to connect directly to discuss your specific use-cases. I'd be happy to connect you with our PLM team. You can reach me at tborrel [at] extreme

Best,
Thomas.

Thanks, Thomas... I may just do that. Have a nice holiday!

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
Thanks, Thomas. That's actually a shame, as we use Auvik to manage all of our network devices (it does not receive traps). Thinking we'll have to stay away from the cloud AP's then, as we rely heavily on the data provided by Auvik to manage several large campus environments. The likelihood of them writing special cloud-hooks for one vendor is probably unlikely.

Thanks,
Eric

Thomas_Borrel
Extreme Employee
Hi Eric,

When managed from the Cloud, you can access your Access Points and Switches using the ExtremeCloud RESTful API described here: https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/extremecloud/rest_api/index.html

SNMP can be used for ExtremeCloud to send TRAPs or NOTIFYs to your NOC, not from the wireless access points themselves.

Best,

Thomas.
GTM-P2G8KFN