cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest A3 Captive Portal Works but prompts 'unable to detect network connectivity' after authenticating

Guest A3 Captive Portal Works but prompts 'unable to detect network connectivity' after authenticating

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Currently have a Guest captive portal configured via ExtremeA3. The captive portal comes up, and I choose to go through the null authentication.

This is using the L3 topology and various filter-id attributes are using ‘registration’ and then ‘guest’ to put the device onto the various networks at different times of authentication.

When going through the registration the phone is correctly getting assigned the registration VLAN, this is the screenshot on successful login:

d4a672e95bd349fb865b19780cb32f51_d7c7f628-10ce-4f25-bbba-864099f1b34e.png

The issue comes about after you keep waiting you get the following message:

d4a672e95bd349fb865b19780cb32f51_b1614d60-0923-4f70-9730-979c88832613.png

If you disconnected from the wifi and then reconnect, it connects you successfully and on the guest VLAN.

So it works, in a way. Maybe the process is correct because the device is changing IP so has to disconnect and re-connect?

As I’ve never set this up before I’m not sure what's the norm?

Many thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for posting, no problem, least there is a reason.

I’ll upgrade my A3, which is currently on 3.2 to 3.3 and report back if there is any difference.

Cheers

Martin

OscarK
Extreme Employee

Hi Martin,

yes the phone needs to do a new dhcp and some phones (like iphones) dont detect the change by themselves. (3.3 should have a better implementation from what I know)

A better working implementation is instead of moving the device to another vlan change its policy to another policy/ACL that permits more traffic (depending on switch/AP). Using a COA A3 should change the policy/acl/role for the client without the need to change the IP address.

GTM-P2G8KFN