cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP230 Firmware update Failed

AP230 Firmware update Failed

matthew_laney
New Contributor

I am trying to update an AP230 using the ExtremeCloud IQ dashboard from 10.5r2 to 10.5r3 and I keep getting the error Device update failed.  I updated two other AP230's this morning no problem.  Is there an issue with firmware updating right now?  I tried to check in the support portal but the latest firmware there is 10.4r3.

3 REPLIES 3

matthew_laney
New Contributor

There must have been something wrong on the Extreme Cloud side of things as I tried the upgrade again this morning and it worked fine.  Nothing has changed on my network or with the AP Config.

Melli22nger
New Contributor II

If, after the update, the DNS configuration of the AP goes back to the original situation, then you have the following options to fix the problem:
Reset the affected AP to defaults and upload, again, the existing configuration.
Elect a different AP to upload the existing configuration to it so that it will perform exactly as the affected AP.

If you want more information you must see this: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000068249/My Centura Health Login Page

Thanks,

I tried that but I have a Primary Secondary and Tertiary DNS server setup.  I even tried changing to an external DNS server and that didn't work either.

Bonus Room#show dns
DNS server configuration:
Domain name suffix: ********* Redacted
Primary : 10.22.87.26
Secondary : 10.22.87.18
Tertiary : 10.22.87.108
Operation Status:
Tracking Primary DNS : Disable
Switch DNS : Off

GTM-P2G8KFN