cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC Internal Accept Only Captive Portal

ECC Internal Accept Only Captive Portal

Bob_Reinert
New Contributor

Trying to setup an internal captive portal on ECC with an accept only policy.   I get the splash page and click accept policy and register.  It says I registered, but I’m not able to get out to the network after successful registration.   The initial auth role is unregistered. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi breinert,

I would add to Mig’s response. I don’t see you getting the default “Guest Acess” role after successful registration, it shows some weird role name under client details. Did you make any change to the default Guest Access rule in the rule engine? when you create a Guest SSID a default Guest Access rule is automatically created in the rule engine, upon successful authentication this rule will assign the client to the Guest Access role. 

couple of things you can check:

1- Make sure the role you want to assign after successful authentication is applied to the AP profile, you can check that by navigating to the Device groups > Profile > Roles.

2- Send the screenshot of XCC Rules Engine.

Regards,
Ovais

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bob_Reinert
New Contributor

Appreciate the assistance in pointing out the role assigned.  I deleted that config and created new portal and WLAN and it seems to work.

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi breinert,

I would add to Mig’s response. I don’t see you getting the default “Guest Acess” role after successful registration, it shows some weird role name under client details. Did you make any change to the default Guest Access rule in the rule engine? when you create a Guest SSID a default Guest Access rule is automatically created in the rule engine, upon successful authentication this rule will assign the client to the Guest Access role. 

couple of things you can check:

1- Make sure the role you want to assign after successful authentication is applied to the AP profile, you can check that by navigating to the Device groups > Profile > Roles.

2- Send the screenshot of XCC Rules Engine.

Regards,
Ovais

Bob_Reinert
New Contributor

I had to send in two replies in order for them to send.

7f19c6e3040b4070bf0f499a0f0ecb8b_45ad27a7-d72b-4c0e-8a27-28cd015a03f2.gif

Bob_Reinert
New Contributor
8ab4be354da6417ba603dd74951ee692_fa1f6173-9c04-43d4-a370-efd0e85adf3b.gif

GTM-P2G8KFN