cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after upgrade to XMC 8.5.2.6 cannot terminal to devices

after upgrade to XMC 8.5.2.6 cannot terminal to devices

PRobbins
New Contributor II

After upgrading to XMC 8.5.2.6 we can no longer terminal to the devices - it just says connection failed - even though all devices are showing as up in device list and all the SNMP / CLI profiles have not changed.  the old netsight version 8.0.3 is sitting on a different VM and we are able to still terminal from that platform ?  I even tried creating a new CLI profile and assigning to one of the switches but it still failed.  I know the credentials are ok as can SSH from putty using those details and it lets me in, so its some issue with XMC 8.5.2.6

8 REPLIES 8

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Stefan,

Indeed, I didn’t spot that the old VM is still in place. So it can still be useful for something. 😉

Cheers,

Tomasz

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

8609b101d0e74823aa8920849d7aab96_1f602.png

He could use his old XMC VM to execute your suggestion. Or simply change his XMC IP-Address to the old one.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

You can create a script in XMC for that. Something like (in EXOS realm) tftp get to pull the .pol from some tftp server, and then another command to apply this policy file as the new SSH access policy. You can then run this script against multiple devices. With 8.5 there is also another option under right-click, CLI Commands. You can run some commands on many devices at once without having to hassle with scripting menu (which is still good for something that you want to save for future execution, scheduling or as an alarm reaction).

Yep, April’s Fools today and I’m the fool, low on caffeine… Would it be an option to take down current SSH access policy for this operation?

Another option could be spoofing the original XMC IP to run a script from some another Linux machine (then it’ll need some ssh connection command on top as well, could run in loop to walk through all switches).

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

PRobbins
New Contributor II

customer had a ssh policy configured on switch which i have now amended to include the new XMC address and it has solved the issue, now have to work out how i can do a bulk change on this pol file for the rest of the switches without having to edit them all individually 

GTM-P2G8KFN