Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm and email setup

Alarm and email setup

IKTNH
New Contributor

IKTNH_0-1720162609289.png

I have setup an severity critical alarm with criteria event set to "contact lost" to be sent to my email, when a router/switch goes down. The alarm works fine, and I receive an email.

But the email I receive on the alarm has not the same subject text as I have setup up in "Edit Email Action"

This is what I have setup.

IKTNH_0-1720161370468.png

And this is email format I receive, with different subject field/text.

IKTNH_4-1720162300683.png

But when I send a test email on that specific alarm then the test email I receive looks fine inside, but same subject title though. It looks like this:

IKTNH_3-1720162058393.png

What am I doing wrong here? Is is not possible to get same email subject field when an alarm is sent to me? The subject is now as you see NetSight Alarm Messages (1) , and not the subject text I have setup.

Any idea?

Thank inadvance.

3 REPLIES 3

IKTNH
New Contributor

Hi. Thanks for reply. Upgrade to latest version, will that solve our problem? This is a custom created alarm I made with Severity; Critical. 

IKTNH_0-1720678067445.png

other options:

IKTNH_1-1720678159752.png

We are using outlook in Azure so dont know if that has to do with the time difference, or forwarding?.

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

Yes, please upgrade. You are outside our 12-month support window.

The screenshot for the questionable email received looks 'off' to me in both the Subject Line "NetSight Alarm Message" and the content "-----Alarm Message-----". It looks like this email has been intercepted / forwarded... and that the message itself is a Contact Established when you said you were creating a Contact Lost alarm.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Is there anything intercepting these mails? I'm a bit confused about the time of the mails. In the body it states 1:58pm, but you received it at 2:13.

Any chance to update to latest XIQ-SE? (24.2.15) You are more than a year behind... 🙂 

GTM-P2G8KFN