Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytics change default value of 'Min. Data Required"

Analytics change default value of 'Min. Data Required"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Based on the screenshot below I need to change the default value of 'Min. Data Required' from 100 to something like 10 to show any meaningful data:

cf0352d97d494c5ea672ecf5e8f24d0a.png

What I am struggling to find is where the change the default value so I don't have to keep manually editing it.

Grateful for any advise in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hey Martin,

I have not been able to find any where in the application to set the default value for this to a specific value, but with some modification of the oneView-min.js file I have been able to get it to set. 

If you change the this.filterToolbar.minDataRequiredField.setValue to 10 and restart the server I was able to get the value to default to 10:

725e2f0364c84c52b6411a5a229d7291.png

ae875bf05b06441d9ca3fed1ac6594f0.png
This change likely won't survive an upgrade, and is unsupported as it's a modification to the system files so if it causes issues GTAC will ask you to revert. 

Make a copy of the oneView-min.js prior to edit in case we need to restore.

cp /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/wildfly/standalone/deployments/Monitor.war/OneView/app/oneView-min.js /tmp

Then edit the file, find the variable and change the value from (100) to (10) and issue "service nsserver restart" to restart the services. If any issues occur after reboot just move the original back and restart again.

If you want something a little more permanent we'd have to get a case created and issue a feature request. 

Thanks
-Ryan

Please keep in mind that this is an unsupportable modification of the system's current design.

Two files need to be modified for this to be correctly applied - oneView.js and oneView-min.js.

Ultimately as Ryan has stated - this should be formalized as a product feature / enhancement request with your Extreme account team and raised with PLM (Product Line Management).​

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Ryan,

Many thanks for going to the trouble of looking into this.

I had originally come across the issue in this article, hence trying to adjust it:

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000062136

So least have something to work with now.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Martin

Hey Martin, 

Let me know if that doesn't work for you. I seem to only need to change the one value but on good authority there may be additional values needed between both oneView.js files.

Restart of server required, and clear of cache on browsers required too.

Thanks
-Ryan

GTM-P2G8KFN