Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytics Configuration

Analytics Configuration

Sazon
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

Below diagram is the position of our XMC devices.

Please help on how to configure flow collector sensor SSA link to two mirrored routers. 

Please share any sample configuration for physical connectivity base on our XMC design.

Any configuration that helps us to build the Central Management. Thank you

SSA - 2 units

Analytics - 1 unit

XMC - 1 unit

NAC - 1 unit

6fe787a1b02341b199bf691e7362cbeb_03213013-47f8-4b12-a76c-771f41ee3425.png

Regards,

Sazon

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

I believe so, 

See the following install guide clip:

6d6298b25313425eab755dce01bb6389_d161dc7f-ab95-44e4-99e1-81ac80dd4299.png

Sazon
New Contributor III

Hi Ryan,

PV-A-305 

PV-FC-180

Yes you are correct.

My two sensors SSA wil directly mirror traffic from the routers.

Then, the two sensors SSA is also directly connected to our Analytics appliance.

The Analytics Appliance will connect the management port to our internal network to be able to add in our XMC.

I am reading the link you shared. Please see the screenshot below and which deployment set up will I choose.

5df93e5ca24d4fd59321aebaffe92d9b_c037765b-3040-4ba5-8deb-7d543d003d75.png

Is it possible to have two directly connected sensors to the analytics compliance (eth0, eth1) and the management port will be the one to become engine IP address.

5df93e5ca24d4fd59321aebaffe92d9b_72ec15b0-add5-4e0e-9dbd-6c519520dbb0.png

Regards,

Sazon

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello,

You are trying to configure two PV-FC-180 appliances to tunnel GRE traffic back to the Analytics box correct? Are Sensor 1 and Sensor 2 PV-FC-180s?

The are the sensors directly connected to the analytics box as the diagram suggests?

Typically the sensors are set up to tunnel the traffic into a GRE tunnel back to the analytics:

Check out this article: 

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-add-a-PV-FC-180-to-Extreme-Manageme...

The XMC server is pretty good at configuring the PV-FC-180 appliance. Just make sure the SNMP profile assigned has the correct CLI credentials.

If the appliances are directly connected I think you might be able to just mirror the traffic through to the analytics box and configure netflow on the mirror ingress port. Per the deployment guide you should be able to get eth4 and eth5 of the analytics box into “tap mode” 

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/netsight/8.4/ExtremeAnalytics_8.4_ExtremeAnalytics_PV-A-30...

“2. Interface Mirrored - Separate interfaces are configured for management and monitoring traffic. The monitoring interface will put into tap mode for traffic monitoring. Suitable for feeds from XOS/VOSS/SLX switches”

In this case I think you could get away with setting the mirror ports to port 2. 

Configure IP address: 

configure terminal
!
 interface vlan.0.10
  ip address 10.X.X.X.X 255.255.255.252 primary
  no ip proxy-arp
  no ip forwarding
  no shutdown
  exit

(Note: Do not configure IP on VLAN 1, or if you do remove VLAN 1 from all other ports. If not there’s a change the ARP packets could be dropped due to pvid 0 drop flow configuration, resulting in L3 management loss)

Configure Netflow: 

# netflow
set netflow export-interval 1
set netflow export-destination 10X.X.X.X 2055
set netflow export-version 9
set netflow port tg.1.2 enable rx
set netflow template refresh-rate 30 timeout 1
set netflow cache enable

Configure Mirror:

# mirror
set mirror create 1
set mirror 1 mirrorN 15
set mirror ports ge.1.2 1

(Difference being send the mirror N to another physical port and the Tbp.0.1 port per the article to get it into the GRE turnnel. 

Apply policy to mirror ingress port: 

# policy
set policy profile 1 name EMC_FS_Mirror pvid-status enable pvid 0 mirror-destination 1
set policy rule admin-profile port tg.1.2 mask 16 port-string tg.1.2 admin-pid 1
set policy rule 1 ipproto 47 mask 8 drop prohibit-mirror

Enable jumbo: 

# port
set port jumbo enable tg.1.1
set port jumbo enable tg.1.2
set port jumbo enable tg.1.3
set port jumbo enable tg.1.4

The difference between the first configuration is that the policy that is applied to the mirror ingress port will mirror the traffic into tbp.0.1 which is then send into the gre tunnel through the configuration for “interface tun.0.1” 

In your case it seems unnecessary to put the mirrored traffic in the tunnel when the appliance is already directly connected. 

Someone will probably post an let me know if this isn’t the case.

Thanks

-Ryan

GTM-P2G8KFN