cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP Groups

AP Groups

Terren_Crider
Contributor
My goal here is to get consolidated wireless stats for a building: the library. The library has two floors, and the access points are broadcasting I think 3 or so SSIDs. The specific information I want is guest usage. The problem I'm running into is that guests can access two of these SSIDs: Guest and LibraryWiFi. LibraryWiFi is only in the library, Guest is across my entire (geographically dispersed) network. I've found the AP group option, but it seems that I can't just logically group the APs for management/statistical purposes. Due to the multiple floors of the library, I do not want to add them to a client balancing or radio preference group. It seems if I did that there would be service degradation. So, how can I collect stats for the library? Is there a passive group option that would not apply any configuration or operational change to the APs? Danke.
10 REPLIES 10

Terren_Crider
Contributor
Negative. I have an NMS-XX license.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'd give it a try tomorrow and see whether I'd come up with a report that works for you - do you have a advanced license (NMS-ADV-xxx) as that allows to enable more report options within connect.

36d26c006f654ba98b84ee225455dc21_RackMultipart20160916-89755-1f6g517-EMC_connect_inline.png

Terren_Crider
Contributor
I do have EMC. The custom report option is very limited from what I can tell. But, that's why I'm asking...

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I don't see a way to do it only with the controller reports as "clients / VNS" only show one WLAN service/SSID at a time.

Do you have Netsight/EMC by any chance - might be that it could be done with a custom report.

Terren_Crider
Contributor
These SSIDs are for guest use, so they only have a splash page, no authentication or encryption. I'm only interested in the number of clients over time. I could probably piece this together, but it would mean running multiple reports, compiling the information, then sending it to interested parties.
GTM-P2G8KFN