cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP Groups

AP Groups

Terren_Crider
Contributor
My goal here is to get consolidated wireless stats for a building: the library. The library has two floors, and the access points are broadcasting I think 3 or so SSIDs. The specific information I want is guest usage. The problem I'm running into is that guests can access two of these SSIDs: Guest and LibraryWiFi. LibraryWiFi is only in the library, Guest is across my entire (geographically dispersed) network. I've found the AP group option, but it seems that I can't just logically group the APs for management/statistical purposes. Due to the multiple floors of the library, I do not want to add them to a client balancing or radio preference group. It seems if I did that there would be service degradation. So, how can I collect stats for the library? Is there a passive group option that would not apply any configuration or operational change to the APs? Danke.
10 REPLIES 10

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
If I unterstand you correctly you like to have a summary statistic for only the APs which are in the library building and include only the data for the SSID GuestWifi and LibraryWiFi
What should the statistic include - are you only interested in rx/tx bytes or also other data.

Could you please tell me what kind of authentication/encryption is used on this 2 SSIDs.
GTM-P2G8KFN