cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup a device configuration automatically using Extreme Management Center by FTP

backup a device configuration automatically using Extreme Management Center by FTP

NachoCursos
New Contributor
Hello,How can I backup a device configuration automatically using Extreme Management Center via FTP?In other words, NetSight sends the configurations of the switches it has configured via FTP to a server.Thanks a lot.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

I’d consider cron + some simple bash script running underneath XMC for doing this. Optionally, if you manage the XMC appliance itself, you can also schedule a task like that. Or, if you set an alarm reacting on a new log message saying that backups were taken, Ubuntu script could be executed as an alarm action.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

I’d consider cron + some simple bash script running underneath XMC for doing this. Optionally, if you manage the XMC appliance itself, you can also schedule a task like that. Or, if you set an alarm reacting on a new log message saying that backups were taken, Ubuntu script could be executed as an alarm action.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN