cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to get automated end system events export csv daily

Best way to get automated end system events export csv daily

itsweb
New Contributor

Hi, New to all this, and I dont run our extreme management center environment, but i was hoping someone could help me out. 
We have a project related to covid-19 where i need to get all the days “end system events” in a csv daily.

Is there a way to do this? and you can anyone please give me some advice on how to do so? 

4 REPLIES 4

itsweb
New Contributor

Thanks again Kurt. 

Have you seen any issues with scheduling workflow tasks? 
I created a workflow and can run it and it runs successfully. When i go to scheduled tasks and try to create a new one, i drop down the type to workflow task, but then the dropdown for “workflow task name” never expands to any values. 

UPDATE: Sorry, figured that one out.. You have to hit run from the workflow, then hit save on that window for it to save to Saved Tasks, then it will show up in the drop down. 

Kurt_Semba
Extreme Employee

Technically you can achieve that but it is not recommended nor supported. But then agian, I don’t think anyone can prevent you from doing this 😉 

Potential issues:

• security (you open up the XMC DB directly to the “outside”)
  • support (if things go wrong I don’t think GTAC will help you correct those custom changes - be sure to create a snapshot of your XMC VM). 
  • no matter if you do it via workflows or open up the DB directly for remote queries: we do NOT communicate any changes to our DB structure within the XMC Release Notes. So be aware that the DB table names, column names / structure, etc. might change with any release without notifying our customers. 

itsweb
New Contributor

Thanks for the info Kurt, that definitely helps. It also saves me time trying to figure out if the APIs could do something like that.  Looking at that workflow, it looks like its possible to get access to the MySQL db. What would be any issues or pitfalls with creating another read-only user to the database for outside localhost, then I could just connect directly to the db and query the events I need via any programming script?

Kurt_Semba
Extreme Employee

Hi itsweb,

there is no API on XMC that allows you to retrieve the end-system events. But you can build a Workflow which runs a script on XMC that can access XMC’s DB directly and pull those events. Look at these examples:

https://github.com/extremenetworks/ExtremeScripting/blob/master/Netsight/oneview_workflows/README.md

There is one workflow called Investigate End-System History

Download it and then upload it to your XMC’s workflows. One of the scripts in this workflows shows you how to query XMC’s DB via SQL.

Hope this helps

Kurt

GTM-P2G8KFN