cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Can I specify the VR NetSight uses to pull backups off a switch?

Can I specify the VR NetSight uses to pull backups off a switch?

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I have a customer who has multiple switches that do not use Vr-default at all. We are trying to use NetSight to backup his network but they are failing because of the the vr architecture.

Any thoughts??
10 REPLIES 10

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
This is not working for me.
I am running and testing with NetSight 7, though my customer has 6.*.*. could this be why my test is failing?

I copied the script edited it and pushed it back to the server but I do not see it in the list of scripts to use.

The same issue is true for pushing firmware.

Balaji
Extreme Employee
David,

1) Login to Inventory Manager
2) Click on a Device on the left and select image information.
3) In the Image Information and in the MIB and Scrip overrides column select script
4) And then click view to view the script.
5) copy the script to a notepad and at the bottom of the script change the VR to VR-Architecture and save the file in .txt file.
6)Now place this file in the Installation folder \ExtremeNetworks\NetSight\appdata\InventoryMgr\properties\devicefiles

d11a2791fd574852a58148c9cf0a2ef4_RackMultipart20160421-58508-pjo3uq-tftp_inline.png

7) Restart inventory manager and you should be able to select the new script to backup

Great glad we got it figured out.

Thanks for the help

Balaji
Extreme Employee
That is correct. I thought for some reason the VR you are using is called VR-Architecture.

Balaji,

On line 5 you say to change the VR to Vr-Architecture. I wanted to clarify that you are saying to change it to the desired VR based on my architecture.

Thanks,
GTM-P2G8KFN