cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Changing from MirrorN to IPFIX in ExtremeWireless

Changing from MirrorN to IPFIX in ExtremeWireless

James_A
Valued Contributor

I have an existing integration of EWC and Purview, however I went to use it today and it seems to have stopped working after I upgraded the analytics appliances to 8.0.2.42 a month ago. Some quick debugging hinted that while Netflix and mirrorN traffic was coming through, the appid process wasn't listening on the correct ports for some reason.

I figured it was then a good time to try and migrate to the new IPFIX-based method that doesn't need an L2 port any more. I followed https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000090154 and set the Traffic Mirror L2 Port to None, and set traffic mirror to prohibited in all the VNS/Role configuration, but it's still not working. Anyone know what other configuration I need to set to make it use IPFIX?

17 REPLIES 17

I haven't done any further troubleshooing yet. I did get a note on the legacy client case that Java 8u141 has a problem that's fixed in Java 8u144, but the EA VM is running Java 8u131 so that's not it.

Hi James. I'm in the same boat as well, using a cert on EMC from our internal CA. I upgraded EMC and EA to 8.0.3, and am also getting the error.

I tried changing the "Legacy Client Trust Mode" in EMC, to trust all server certificates, but it still cannot contact. When tailing the appidmgmtserver.log on EA, I do see "Cannot yet log in on management server".

This is where I am now. I have a ticket open with GTAC too. Let me know if you have found a fix, and I'll do the same.

So I've upgraded EMC and EA to 8.0.3 but appidmgmtserver.log is still saying the certificate is untrusted ... is there a way to trust it?

Cool. I believe 803 is due out at the end of this month.

Ahh, when you put it like that, now I understand. Any idea when 8.0.3 will be out? I didn't switch to the built-in certificate as I didn't want to confuse our helpdesk but I may just have to as I need Purview working now.
GTM-P2G8KFN