cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Device connection issue - contact not established - snmp

Device connection issue - contact not established - snmp

Tomasz_Lubas
New Contributor III
I have problem with NMS add/contact device [B5 switch]. The device is configured, pingable, telnet/ssh work ok from netsight appliance. Also snmpwalk with netsight credential from NMS appliance [cli] works as it should work.
[eg. snmpwalk -v3 -l authPriv -a SHA -x AES -u Very_secret_user -A secret_password -X secret_password 10.70.16.12

iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 = STRING: "Enterasys Networks, Inc. B5G124-24P2 Rev 06.71.03.0025"]

The device on NMS Console is shown with '?' mark. Refreshing, rediscovering, deleting and adding again doesnt solve problem. From NMS console I can run Device manager [work ok], execute MiB's - works ok, but still there is 'contact not established' status.

bf63dc00ee2d4ca68d64334f1a88b513_RackMultipart20151002-28582-n3k1el-snmp-problem_inline.jpg

Any sugestions ?

[ps. this devices was previousely present at NMS [ok] and disconnected for some time]

Supplement: When I manualy run Tools->Discover with device ip address and snmp creds - device was connected ok and now looks ok.
5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Can you send a screenshot of the "Access" radial when you click the switch and are looking at the properties tab? From the screenshot it looks like the poll type might not be set to SNMP.

You can also check to see what is set up for polling if you click the "tools" menu --> Authorization/Device Access --> Profile/Device Mapping. Click the device and you can check the SNMP profile assigned and what the poll type is.

Thanks
-Ryan
GTM-P2G8KFN