Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device family type not showing up in Site Engine

Device family type not showing up in Site Engine

gerivives
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to backup a configuration from a Huawei switch by using SCP. By default, the GitHub repo of Extreme only has the TFTP option for Huawei. I have created a new device family type by creating a script named huawei.scp and adding it to the directory /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/InventoryMgr/properties/devicefiles, which is the default.

I have tried both restarting the VM, as well as the NetSight service, and the new device family type (Huawei - SCP) is not appearing under the Inventory Settings for that particular switch. I am providing a copy as well of the script.

- Use these scripts to manage an Huawei S5720 device
name="Huawei - SCP"
desc="Huawei S5720 SCP Scripts"
protocol=SCP
-----BEGIN SCRIPT "Configuration Upload"-----
save NMS.cfg
y
@receive 8
scp NMS.cfg %SCP_USER%@%TFTP_IP%:%RELATIVE_TARGET_FILE_PATH%
@receive 15
delete flash:/NMS.cfg
y
quit
-----END SCRIPT-----
-----BEGIN SUCCESS "Configuration Upload"-----
Info: Uploaded the file successfully.
-----END SUCCESS-----

Can anyone shed some light on what may be going on?

Thanks for your help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello,

The underlying problem is that you have protocol=SCP but you have configure variables for a different transfer method.

Change %TFTP_IP% to %SCP_IP%

Thanks
-Ryan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

this one works for TFTP: https://github.com/extremenetworks/ExtremeScripting/blob/master/XMC_XIQ-SE/cfg_backup_scripts/Huawei...

Try to modify it... THe issue can be with some hidden character or end of the line...

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello,

The underlying problem is that you have protocol=SCP but you have configure variables for a different transfer method.

Change %TFTP_IP% to %SCP_IP%

Thanks
-Ryan

GTM-P2G8KFN