Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP and VLAN ON AP

DHCP and VLAN ON AP

FilipL
New Contributor
Hello,

I have a network with unmanaged switches. I have 5 AP's (460C) I have added a DHCP server on one of my AP's. If I connect it works and I have internet.
I have made a VLAN (VLAN11) for the guest network on the same AP. If I connect to the VLAN11, I get an IP address of this vlan11 but no internet. Do I have to make a route on this AP to the gateway on VLAN1?
Can someone tell me how to do this ? Or traffic tunneling ?
3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Filip, VLAN 11 will need to be enabled on all switches and routers in the network so traffic on that VLAN can reach the default gateway for that VLAN (which would be different than the default gateway for VLAN 1, you likely set up the default gateway for VLAN 11 when you created the DHCP server for that VLAN). It's likely that there is a port somewhere in the backend network that isn't configured for VLAN 11 yet.

Ok, thnx. It works but when I'm connected to the Guest network it drops the connection after a few minutes. If I connect a latop with vlan 11 it works perfect. When I'm connected to the privat  wifi it works perfect (VLAN1 / management vlan). No interruptions
Any idea ?
9plz1Pk8TE2R3ajRcz62_lost_connection.png

FilipL
New Contributor
Problem solved ! Draytek gateway exchanged by ubiquiti usg pro and the guestnetwork is stable.
GTM-P2G8KFN