cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

EMC Analytics/Purview - UserID Detection

EMC Analytics/Purview - UserID Detection

Keith_Obermeier
New Contributor II
I think I'm missing something simple here in my setup. I am running Purview 7.0.6.27 with EMC 7.1.2.12 and NAC 7.1.1.9 and WLC V2110 10.31.07.0002.

I am mirroring (n15) my outbound ISP link, and I have netflows on my core for that port (S6, 8.62.4) directed to the purview appliance.

I get app ids in purview as expected, but what I don't get is my username matches for the flows.

I have usernames populating my NAC as expected.

I haven't found anywhere in the purview config to tweak userid settings, nor have I found in the NAC anywhere to export userids to purview.

Is this part of the integration completely behind the scenes? --Or am I missing something in my setup?

9 REPLIES 9

Volker_Kull
Contributor
Keith !

I had several issues with comm channel configurations. DonĀ“t do that !
Please try it without comm channel.

br
Volker

Keith_Obermeier
New Contributor II
key question here, is 2525 the correct port?

Keith_Obermeier
New Contributor II
I do have that checked, with comm channel 2525....

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Yes, it is available in earlier codes, in the same area. Sometimes the sections need to be expanded a bit to see all options.

The firmware for Analytics appliance should match the eXtreme Management Center version in almost all cases. NAC is mostly backwards compatible.
In versions 8.x, we expect to keep all appliances effectively revision locked as a requirement. FYI.

Volker_Kull
Contributor
Keith,

there is a config option in
Analytics > Configuration > Engines > Configuration > Access Control Integration
"Enable Access Control Integration"
You have to check this box an save and deploy the configuration to the analytics engines.

(this is the way on 8.0.3/4 - I think this will be at 7.1 as well) )

br
Volker
GTM-P2G8KFN