cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

EMC wireless reports for a group of APs i.e. per building, location

EMC wireless reports for a group of APs i.e. per building, location

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Is there a way to generate reports for a certain group of APs (how could I create a group) or use the location/zone information.

I need to generate reoprts for different branch offices and the SSID/WLAN service is the same on all locations so I see no way to do it.

I've created a event report with Connect and I'd see "Area AP38" so I wonder whether I'd create areas to group APs - no idea where the value "Area AP38" - never configured such name.

9eb40773f5754237a09e5e56b937d7ad_RackMultipart20170119-2672-nrv49j-EMC_event_report01_inline.png

Any ideas ?

Thx
-Ron
6 REPLIES 6

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello all,

here you will find a video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71jhViBD0yk

Regards
Stephan
Regards Stephan

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Ron,

I opened a ticket according this issue and I got a quick answer:

"...for now and the foreseeable future, access WM via Console will be necessary for creation of AP groups..."

In the moment there is no fix roadmap to replace the Wireless Manager (Java) by a Extreme Managment function.

My 3805 Access Point (without ROW) works fine with the WM (as AP38xx).

As result from my ticket, if your 3805-ROW don't work with WM, you have to create a ticket for this issue.

Regards
Stephan
Regards Stephan

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Stephan,

no I don't have any new information on the topic and also didn't opened a ticket as I'm too busy with the tickets that I've already open šŸ˜ž

BR,
Ron

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Ron,

do you have actual infos about how to create ap groups without the "NetSight Wireless Manager"?
Did you open a case?

As you mentioned the WM is not available in the new Extreme Management Releases.
Now the question is, what should users do with AP groups created in front of the update?

If you have no further infos. I will open a GTAC case.

Regards
Stephan

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN