Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERS 4950GTS-PWR+ not onboarding through XIQ-SE

ERS 4950GTS-PWR+ not onboarding through XIQ-SE

RobertD1
Contributor
Hi,

I'm unable to add customer ERS switches into Access Control as they are currently unmanaged in XIQ-SE. The switches can be discovered by XIQ-SE and show as connected. Why does XIQ-SE not onboard these to XIQ and consume pilot licenses? XIQ-SE, Virtual Access Control and all VSP switches onboard and consume pilot licenses. The ERS software version is 7.8.0.011 in case that is relevant. I know I can manage or unmanage devices from XIQ but they would need to appear there which they don't. Does the ERS switch need an IQ agent and needs upgrading perhaps? 

I will check tomorrow but could this happen if the discovered device is configured as ping only or monitor status which I think wouldn't consume a license?

Thanks
Rob
5 REPLIES 5

RobertD1
Contributor
Poll type is Status Only. Does this mean it will not consume a pilot license? The switch is configured for SNMPv3. It shows as Green / UP in Devices. If I open Device View there is nothing returned for example the ports detail is empty. If I check the logs it reports issues with SNMP. 

Does the Poll type need to show SNMP for it to onboard with XIQ and consume a pilot license?

Hi  Rob,

Correct, the device needs to be SNMP poll type to onboard to XIQ in order to get a pilot license. Status poller only devices are unmanaged and do not onboard to XIQ. 

Regards
Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks for confirming, I will try deleting an ERS and rediscover and make sure not set as Ping Only. I don't see a way to alter Ping Only devices without deleting and rediscovering?

Thanks,
Rob

Just an update to say I have resolved the issue.

I have solved this problem by deleting the device and re-adding it again, I suspect the customer added his ERS and selected the checkbox Poll Status Only which will make it unmanaged and therefore not use up a pilot license.

The switch is now onboarded in XIQ and has consumed one pilot license and Poll Type shows SNMP. I'm also able to see more information about the device in Device View.

GTM-P2G8KFN