cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS Firmware upgrade problem in NetSight 7.0.5

EXOS Firmware upgrade problem in NetSight 7.0.5

lhuso
New Contributor II
Some EXOS switches cannot be upgraded in NetSight 7.0.5. When I right click and select Firmware Upgrade on a device, I immediately receive the Error "Selected devices do not support Firmware Upgrade or have never been contacted".

It was the same problem in ver. 7.0.4.
7 REPLIES 7

Dean_Ferraro
New Contributor III
I will attempt the delete and rediscover to see what happens and advise. But I am experiencing the same thing with code EXOS 16.1.3.6 patch1-2 upgrading to 16.2.1.6 on X460-G2-48p-10GE4 switches. We upgraded Netsight to 7.0.6.27 just last week Server JRE 1.8.0_101 in case this helps.

lhuso
New Contributor II
Yes, I have rediscoverd the device, but it didn't help.

But You gave me an idea!

I deleted the device and rediscovered it. Then it worked. I could uprade the device

The solution for this device was to delete it and add it again. But I have other similar switches where it doesn't help, so this is ver strange.

Jesse_Ohlsson
New Contributor II
I ran into that same problem a few times, with newly added devices. I also fixed it by deleting the device from Management Center, then adding it again.

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Have you tried to "rediscover" those devices? What methods do you use for upgrade/firmware transfer? With rediscover the sysobjectid is checked and than inventory manager can choose what method to use. Regards
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN