cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export XMC Backup Files

Export XMC Backup Files

MichaelM1
New Contributor II

I have run the backup routine on my XMC server (Administrator > Backup/Restore > Backup).

I can see the backup files in the default location (usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/backup)

Im trying to export the backup folder and files via TFTP to my laptop.  I can connect via TFTP to my laptop from the server appliance when then I run the put netsight_10102021.sql command in...the TFTP server creates a file with the same name, but no data.

I have tried putting the entire file path in the command thinking perhaps I was not in the correct directory but that did not seem to work either and I get an access violation.

tftp> put /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/Netsight/backup/netsight_10102021.sql
Error code 2: Access violation

Im guessing the put command with the entire file path is the correct command, but there is a permissions issue on the folder and im not familiar with Linux enough to know what I need to upgrade the permissions to or what the command would be to do it properly.  Should I run chmod ugo+rwx on the folder and give permission to the everyone group?

or is there a better way to download these files from XMC itself.  I was surprised there wasn't a download via web browser button.

Thanks for any help or guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee
The TFTP daemon included with Extreme Management Center / Site Engine by default does not allow open access to drop files using TFTP. This is to prevent XMC from being used as an anonymous drop zone.

Use WinSCP (https://winscp.net/) as an alternative to TFTP to upload files to XMC / SE using the root or netsight credentials of the appliance.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nicolas_Nguyen
Extreme Employee
Please forget

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee
The TFTP daemon included with Extreme Management Center / Site Engine by default does not allow open access to drop files using TFTP. This is to prevent XMC from being used as an anonymous drop zone.

Use WinSCP (https://winscp.net/) as an alternative to TFTP to upload files to XMC / SE using the root or netsight credentials of the appliance.

OscarK
Extreme Employee
Try using winSCP which is a way better solution to transfer files from XMC to your PC and back.
GTM-P2G8KFN