cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Extreme Management Center 8.2.5.50 Update Broke SNMPv3 Group on VSPs

Extreme Management Center 8.2.5.50 Update Broke SNMPv3 Group on VSPs

Chris_Skelton
New Contributor
Hi there, I just updated our Extreme Management Center to version 8.2.5.50. After the update completed I started to notice all of our VSPs monitoring go offline. Checking the event logs in Extreme Management Center show all of the VSPs with a task run called "SNMP Set Success" followed by "snmpTargetSpinLock.0 [0]", snmpTargetSpinLock.0 [1], or snmpTargetSpinLock.0 [2]. I don't know why this task ran as I have updated Extreme Management Center several times with no issues prior. After investigating the VSPs it turns out that the USM group membership was removed so it broke the SNMPv3 credentials.

I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else has experienced this issue yet. I know this patch just came out so I don't expect much of a response.
5 REPLIES 5

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
@Chris Skelton, I see you have a case open with GTAC on this - thanks for submitting the issue to the team so that it can be reviewed by engineering.
@Tomasz Thanks for sharing your findings šŸ™‚

Please update the thread with the feedback from GTAC.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Piotr,

Seems to be Ubuntu-related issue. I've found a possible resolution:

Try disabling the apt-cacher service and comment anything you might have configured in
code:
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/90-apt-proxy.conf

src: https://askubuntu.com/questions/811370/14-04-5-to-16-04-update-failed-xenial-tar-gz-gpg-missing

Let us know if that helped.
Perhaps this service might be used in case of EAC/EAA upgrade (development would have to comment on this) but then you should simply to re-enable the service after an upgrade if disabling it does its job as a workaround.
More about apt-cacher: http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/cosmic/man8/apt-cacher.8.html

Kind regards,
Tomasz

Piotr_Owczarek
New Contributor III
Hello, I was trying to update XMC but did not manage. I get such output:

WARNING:root:file 'xenial.tar.gz' missing
Failed to fetch
Fetching the upgrade failed. There may be a network problem.
Script done, file is /root/dist_upgrade.log
OS Upgrade failed. Exiting.

P.

Chris_Skelton
New Contributor
I just wanted to post another update to say I have worked around this issue by disabling "Enable Automatic Trap Configuration" in "Administration --> Options --> Trap". I still don"t know what has caused this to become an issue as this setting has always been enabled in our setup. I have opened a support case to try and get a real solution.
GTM-P2G8KFN