Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Management Center - Status only interval

Extreme Management Center - Status only interval

kuba
New Contributor

Hi,

I need to monitor whether the device is available or not. And when it falls down then get this info ASAP into the XMC.

I wanted to use the Poll Status Only type of device.

But the default polling value is 12 hours and it is not possilbe to set less than 4 hours. If I understand well the device will stay green for 4 hours after it falls down (in the worst case). Due to it is not possible to use this feature to monitor devices and the feature seems unusable.

What is the range of Status Only Poll interval?

And is it possible to monitor state of Status Only device more frequently, e.g. every 5 minutes?

4e30d77875b349e99b4ad079b4c00b4e_8df05211-c7a6-4e33-ad91-9a842f7dfadb.png

Best regards

Kuba

6 REPLIES 6

Dan15
Contributor

What’s the reason you want to use the “Status only poll”? License?

For your scenario you should use one of the three poll groups.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Kuba,

Would device profile “<ping only>” work for you instead? It’s more frequent but just based on ping.

369410859a3f403381f26fd05fd4f021_21602c7b-5fd4-4949-a86f-09aa7b813a6f.png

If you need full availability checks that are more frequent than 4 hrs I’d try to play some dirty tricks such as creating a Python script/process to do that for you and generating a syslog message if something is wrong - but it’s totally besides XMC; XMC could then generate an alarm upon the syslog message reception…

Perhaps issuing a feature request through a local SE would help to convince Extreme to change the status-only interval boundaries.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN